13/09/2011

Autumn Update 2011

It ended up being a very busy Summer, though sadly not making any of the new work I have planned. 
I was however helping at the 3rd Doverodde Book Arts Festival 2011 in Denmark (June 2-5th), which was a great event, once again bringing together lots of lovely work and great people. 
Along with collating and designing the catalogue I also set up a Flickr account if you want to see pictures of what happened: www.flickr.com/photos/doveroddebookarts/

In August I began my new role as Festival Organiser for the new-look Doverodde Book Arts Festival IV & Symposium – 2012, which I hope will be as successful as the previous ones co-ordinated by my colleague Liz Hempel-Jørgensen. As before it will be at the Limfjordscentret in Doverodde, Hurup, Thy, Denmark. 
You can read more about all that on the social networking site I set up: www.nordicbookarts.ning.com or on www.bookarts-doverodde.dk


And now – after a break in far-off Skagen – October and November will involve new teaching and book fair experiences, meaning almost 4 lovely weeks in London.
Hope to see you at one of these events.
Happy autumn – the leaves have already been blown off the trees here in Denmark.

Up coming events autumn 2011
Book fairs:
The London Art Book Fair – stand no.50
September 23-25th 11am-6pm
Whitechapel Gallery, 77-82 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7QX, UK
Admission FREE
Small Publishers Fair
November 11-12th 11am-7pm
Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL, UK
http://www.rgap.co.uk/spf.php
Admission FREE